Outreach & Marketing Coordinator
Ohana is seeking an individual to fill the position of Outreach & Marketing Coordinator in our Chicago location. The Outreach & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining the existing referral network to Ohana services, raising awareness about Ohana and our services in the community, and marketing Ohana services to prospective clients. The Outreach & Marketing Coordinator is the primary Ohana team member responsible for bringing new clients to Ohana.
Outreach to Strengthen / Build Referral Network
- Build relationships with existing referral sources
- Send/deliver information for upcoming Ohana classes and events to existing referral sources
- Form relationships with new referral sources such as physicians, midwives, other doulas, childbirth education teachers, yoga teachers, acupuncturists, etc.
- Hold calls and meetings with potential referral sources
- Maintain spreadsheet of current and potential contacts
- Utilize social media to communicate with referral sources about services
Marketing Directly to Prospective & Existing Clients
- Conduct presentations to prospective clients
- Post information about childbirth ed, parent groups, events on offline and online “bulletin boards”
- Coordinate outreach to existing clients to inform about additional services (e.g. outreach from doulas letting clients know about upcoming new parent groups)
- Write and design monthly email newsletter
- Staff Ohana booths at events and expos
- Manage Ohana online properties (Google+, Yelp pages, etc. and assist Ohana Digital Communications Coordinator where needed with regard to social media)
- Lead special projects for marketing (e.g. creation of baby registry option)
- Design, create and order marketing materials (may include print materials, Ohana team gear, gifts and samples for clients, etc.)
- Innovate new forms of marketing materials where applicable
- Coordinate with Chicago Area Coordinator and Digital Communication Coordinator as needed
- Conduct update calls with company CEO, average of one per week
- Ability to use Microsoft Powerpoint required. Ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, PhotoShop, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of doulas and childbirth strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a track record of taking ownership and initiative to build relationships and achieve goals.
This position is approximately ¼ time; 8-12 hours per week; average of 10 hours per week. Role is a contract position; tasks are accomplished on your own schedule and in location of your choice. It is an excellent position for someone looking for flexible, yet high-responsibility, high-impact work.
$15-$17 / Hour, Depending On Experience
Send cover letter, resume, and an example of a piece of marketing collateral you have designed (such as a brochure, flyer, or marketing postcard – can be something you have designed for a previous purpose or piece you design related to Ohana) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Outreach & Marketing Coordinator Position”.
Please address the following areas in your cover letter:
- Skill level with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Skill level (if any) with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of and/or experience with doulas and childbirth
If you are interested in applying to be a birth doula on our team, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Date and organization through which you completed your doula training
- Number of births you have attended
- Hospitals at which you have attended births in the Chicago area
- Other relevant birth-related or non-birth-related training and experience, if any
- A few paragraphs about your philosophy as a doula, particularly as it relates to our core values, below. Our core values underlie everything we do and all of our interactions with our clients, medical providers, and each other at Ohana. We understand that different doulas have many different philosophies toward their work, so please be thoughtful about whether yours align with ours before applying. While experience is important, finding a doula who shares the core values and philosophy of Ohana is perhaps the most important component we will be considering in adding to our team.
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Location: Chicagoland area
Ohana Core Values:
Vis-à-vis our customers:
- We honor our clients’ journey as their own, providing information without judgment and believing in each parent’s innate intuition to raise their children
- We consider it a sacred obligation to guard our clients’ privacy
- We treat every interaction as an opportunity to delight
Vis-à-vis medical practitioners
- We see our role as collaborators with medical practitioners, including doctors, midwives and nurses
- We do not speak for our clients to medical practitioners, but rather support them in speaking for themselves
- We each adhere strictly to our respective scope of practice and encourage our clients to consult their medical providers regarding clinical decisions
Vis-à-vis each other:
- Honesty is the bedrock
- We are an ohana
- We go above and beyond
If you have questions or would like to speak further about the position, please call Jocelyn Alt at 872-222-9234. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!