Hospitals around the U.S. are creating in-house or affiliated birth doula programs, driven by a variety of goals, including:
- Market Share: Doulas are seen as a competitive advantage and a draw for patients
- Patient Satisfaction: Patients are 34% less likely to report dissatisfaction with their birth experience when they have a doula
- Reliability & Integration: Hospital-based programs ensure accountability and quality of doula care
- Medical Outcomes: Doulas have been shown to improve a variety of OB outcomes
- Specific Populations: Hospitals see doulas as a tool for optimally serving challenging populations
Yet many hospitals are unsure about how to create and structure doula services within their systems to meet these goals. Ohana Doulas provides integrated, end-to-end support in building a successful hospital-based doula program. Jocelyn Alt, who runs this arm of the company, has over 10 years of experience in the health care industry and a proven track record of helping hospitals to launch customized doula programs to meet (or exceed!) programmatic and financial goals.
For more information about working with Ohana Doulas to start a doula program at your hospital, please contact Jocelyn at email@example.com